It All Starts With YOU!!
The quality of our experience of life depends almost entirely on who we believe we are…how we got here… and what it is we are here to do.
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the states of Arizona, New Mexico, and North Carolina, I work with people to help them feel better about themselves, achieve their goals and start to envision more in their lives to begin to dream again about what life can be like.
We often make the erroneous assumption that what we perceive in the world is real and true, without questioning for ourselves if these things are in alignment with our own experience.
Elisa M. Thomas
- I help people regain a sense of self-acceptance and respect by helping to clarify their values and strengths, correcting and forgiving distorted beliefs that have been obstacles to healing. Once they feel free to truly be themselves, predictably relationships with others will blossom as well.
- I teach people how to be vulnerable and how to protect themselves at the same time. Learning how to talk about difficult subjects increases intimacy with others and allows us to truly be who we are. I also teach them how to have all of their feelings, including anger, in a more moderate way.
- I give people the opportunity to stand strong in the world for their vision, passion and dreams and how to deal with the world when it seems as if they are in opposition.
- I help people reconnect with their spiritual Self, realizing that who they really are has little to do with what they do for a living or identifying themselves as body parts.
- I teach people why it is they seem to re-create old dysfunctional patterns in relationships that seem so familiar and how to avoid doing so in the future, improving their chances for real joy and happiness.
- I identify toxic thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that have weighed people down from very early in their lives and kept their world very small.
- I help individuals get their needs met and begin to differentiate themselves from their partners. Once they do this and let go of fear, guilt and toxic shame, a deep sense of calm and peace usually flows in.
- I help people realize the roles they play in creating anxiety and/or depression and help them change those learned habits to better reflect the life they really want.
You are in charge
If you find that you are pedaling as fast as you can and still not getting anywhere fast – STOP! You already have most of the tools you need. Let me help you align your thoughts with the reality of who you really are.
Call or make an in-person or video appointment with me today!
“I have learned through my work with Elisa Thomas that life is hard, but living it doesn’t have to be. With Elisa’s help, I was able to get rid of so much fear and self-doubt. I have learned to use the tools that she shares to transform my life into a bright new start with more potential than I’ve ever known in me. Elisa has the best attitude, a great knack for dispelling illusions, bringing things gently into reality that need resolution, and she understands what motivates me even before I do. Elisa works with me at my pace and honestly hears me when I speak.”
“I never received counseling before I scheduled an appointment with Ms. Thomas. I am over 50, financially successful and take pride in being self-sufficient. However, I was physically and emotionally exhausted due to an impossible work schedule and stressful personal life. Something completely unexpected and traumatic happened which brought me to my knees. I was so shocked I became physically ill and emotionally distraught. I was at a point where I was so overwhelmed I did not feel I could function. I knew I needed help. I called Ms. Thomas and consider myself lucky that I did. Ms. Thomas helped me tremendously and is a credit to her profession. I would recommend her to anyone who is going through a difficult period. She is a true professional at what she does and a good person.”